1.the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust.
2.the state of feeling certain about the truth of something.
3.a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities.
According to my google dictionary search for confidence, this what I found. Number 3 resonates with me the most for the blog today.
I truly believe when you're confident in YOU, meaning your true self, your abilities, your strengths, your beliefs and values you don't have to worry about anything or anyone else getting in your way.
It doesn't matter if you're trying become more confident at home, at work, in the bedroom, etc. Do whatever it takes! You deserve true confidence. And trust me, others can tell when you're less confident and they will abuse it.
Here are a few ways to become more confident:
1. Get to know YOU. Take some time for yourself and ask yourself some questions, listen to your thoughts and write them down. Talk to a therapist. A real one. Not your friend, not your spouse or co-worker. A licensed therapist. I'm sure you'll feel less judged. And you might have a different perspective based on his/her responses. Ask yourself why do react like this? What triggered that emotion? Etc.
2. Walk with your head up. So often I see people walking with their heads down and I personally think that's a struggle with confidence. Straighten up that posture. Make eye-contact with people when you're talking to them.
3.Educate yourself. I truly believe if you become more knowledgeable in something you're interested in that will boost your confidence. I'm not saying go back to school and get your master's if you hate school. I mean pick up a book. Read article online. Listen to a podcast.
4. Fix yourself up. Treat yourself to the hair salon or nail shop. Get those eyebrows waxed. When you look good you feel good.
5. Get active. A body in motion stays in motion. A body at rest stays at rest. (Newton's First Law of Motion) This includes your brain.
6. Don't compare. Comparison is the thief of joy. Don't worry about other people. Do you. God made only one of you for a reason. We're all going through something big or small. No one is you and that is your power!
If you're seeking ways to become more confident. I hope this helps. Please READ. COMMENT. SHARE.